Tuesday, January 31, 2017

That's the Tag

I have a thing for tags.  Not sure why...I always have these fabulous thoughts about creating lovely tags for all my gifts, but when the time comes to give the gift, I'm usually late and don't have enough time to make one.  But somehow I keep drooling over things to make tags with.

So when That's the Tag showed up in the Occasions Catalog, along with the coordinating Timeless Tags Thinlets Dies, I got excited all over again, and ordered the bundle (remember, you can save 10% by purchasing coordinating items in the bundle!).

Then the products sat in my craft room, feeling unloved...until now!

BAM!

Isn't that gorgeous?  I love it!

So one of the thinlits is this oval with a daisy inside.  I cut it using Basic Black cardstock, and then I cut three more--one in Whisper White, one in Pear Pizzazz and one in Daffodil Delight.  I also cut a solid oval tag (using an included thinlit) using Soft Sky cardstock, and I adhered the black daisy tag over the Soft Sky one.  Then I carefully placed the pieces into the "holes" in the black one, creating a pretty daisy.


But what to do with this pretty tag...I had no gifts to give.  Ah, but I COULD make a card...

and this was born.

The card base is Soft Sky, scored at 1/8" on all four sides.  Then a layer of Basic Black, again scored along the edges.  And finally a rectangle of Soft Sky again, but this time I used another of the thinlits to cut the butterflies next to where the tag would go.

After adhering the tag, I made a triple layer bow of Basic Black Bakers Twine and used a Mini Glue Dot to adhere it to the card.  And I added a sentiment, included in the That's the Tag stamp set.  A quick brush over the butterflies with Wink of Stella and I was done!

Isn't that a striking, pretty card?

Supply list - click on the item and be whisked away to my on-line store:


Product List

4 comments:

RitaR said...

Just spotted your WONDERFUL card on Pinterest so I had to come to learn more about it. How clever of you to use the butterfly die in this way. So elegant and lovely!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Welcome to my blog, Rita, and thanks for visiting. So happy that you like my card, and truly appreciate the kind comment! Thanks so much!

Fiona said...

I've also just bought this set - I love buying retired sets and run a Facebook Group for Stampin up retired and current - I loved your card too and saw it on Pinterest - two years on I may be a bit late lol!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Well, Fiona, I always say “better late than never”. Thanks for the sweet comment!