Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A Baby Bear Birthday

Yes, it's time for the new Occasions Catalog release and today I'm going to showcase a card that's been sitting in pieces on my desk for a few weeks.  Finally got around to putting it together, so here you go:

 Isn't that adorable?

You may have remembered when I did this card last month.  I played a lot with the background colors, finally settling on this; but one iteration had me using Pool Party in the rectangle.  I didn't like it for Christmas, but it had come out so nicely that I kept it in my "box of shattered dreams" (where I keep pieces of cards that never make it to the final version).  I pulled it out when I was playing with Baby Bear, thinking I would make a baby card.

But...I didn't have any babies to celebrate.  And since January is a BIG birthday month in my family, I decided Baby Bear needed to have some balloons to celebrate!

So here are the deets:

Baby Bear was stamped in Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso (I like to go from darkest to lightest colors, as I think it's easier to line up the three layers); I then fussy cut him out.

My card base is Pool Party, cut to 5" x 10" and scored in the middle to make a 5" x 5" card.  A thin layer of Night of Navy borders my Whisper White rectangle with the Pool Party sponged center.  Then Baby Bear is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The sentiment (from Balloon Adventures) was stamped in Night of Navy ink, and the balloons were cut using the new Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies; I cut them three times--Perfect Plum, Pool Party and Night of Navy, and then layered them and added a few of the dots and stripes in different colors.

The balloons are also on Dimensionals, and I drew in the strings using a Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker.

Wouldn't you love to get a little Baby Bear to celebrate your birthday?

All items can be purchased by clicking on the item below. 


Product List

2 comments:

Laurie/Paul said...

Prisciila, you do such a nice job describing and showing all the materials needed to make the card you are showcasing. Thank you!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Laurie! If I can inspire anyone to have fun with stamping, and they need a little help with details, I'm always happy to share! Appreciate the "blog love"!