Sunday, July 31, 2016

Jar of Love (LOVE!)

When Stampin' UP! brought out the new Jar of Love set, I decided I didn't "need" it.  I had recently sold the old set/framelits of jars and didn't feel I would use this new one often.  But then I had a really good party, had some extra rewards money and decided to just go ahead and get it.  And am I glad I did!  Take a look at the first card I created:

Such a pretty card!

I started with some Whisper White scrap paper (do you keep all your scraps?  This is a great way to use them up!).  I stamped the jar with Pool Party ink.  And see the "water" in the jar?  That is a stamp, and it fits perfectly inside the jar.  So I stamped that with Pool Party too, and then added the "thanks" (doesn't that look like the script on a Ball preserving jar?) in Dapper Denim.  I also stamped stems in Pear Pizzazz.

Then I got busy on the flowers.  They are two-step stamps:  I stamped the outline in colors that had first been stamped off, so they were lighter (Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Wisteria Wonder) and then stamped the insides in the full-strength ink.  And some more stems and leaves were stamped with Pear Pizzazz.

Then everything was cut with the matching Everyday Jars Framelits--really easy!  (Save 10% by purchasing the stamps AND the framelits together.  Trust me, you'll want the entire set!)

I added the flowers and leaves to my jar with adhesive and Dimensionals, and then placed the bouquet on a piece of Whisper White; two of the corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.

My next layer is a piece of Designer Series Paper from the In Color Paper Stack, and then I added it all to a piece of 4-1/4" x 11" Whisper White Thick cardstock.

The final embellishment is a bow of Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon (so lovely and easy to work with), adhered with a Mini Glue Dot. 

Who wouldn't enjoy receiving this pretty thank-you card?

All items can be purchased here


No comments: