Sunday, July 17, 2016

CASEing the Catalog

Occasionally I'll buy a new stamp set because something about it appeals to me, but then it comes and I'm not quite sure what to do with it.  Such was the case with Weather Together, a set from the new Annual Catalog.


I really liked the cute umbrella images, and the phrases are great.  But the matching framelits are what pushed me over the edge.  And getting them with a bundle saved me some dough!  What's wrong with that?  Nothing!

Then everything arrived, and I was stuck.  So I went to my catalog and looked at the photos using this combination of stamps and framelits...and I totally copied a card!  This is called CASEing (Copy And Share Everything...or as some folks stay, Copy And STEAL Everything!)  I needed a card for a friend who has been ill, and look how perfect this is:

I used Smoky Slate for the card base and for a top layer.  The clouds are part of the framelit set, and were cut in the top layer.  Then I stamped the raindrops in Smoky Slate.  This layer was boosted with Dimensionals over a piece of Whisper White (so the clouds would show) and then it was added to the front of the card.

The umbrella was stamped in Dapper Denim on Dapper Denim card stock, and the handle was stamped with Dapper Denim on Soft Sky--then both were cut with the framelits.

The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White, and the end flagged, and was attached to a skinny strip of  In Color Designer Series Paper.

So the next time you're stumped and just don't know where to begin, pull out your catalog!  There's a ton of wonderful samples just waiting to be CASEd!

All products can be purchased here


No comments: