Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Super(hero) Birthday

My granddaughter is turning 14 on Tuesday.  Of course she is now at the age when buying a gift can be difficult.  She gave my daughter an extremely detailed list of "wants", including photos and links to sites...just too much for me!  Especially when I know she changes her mind every 45 seconds...like every other 14-year-old!  LOL!

So I took the easy way out...I'm sending her some money and she can buy just what she wants.  But in typical "grammy" fashion, I couldn't just send her money...I had to dress it up!  So here is Isabella's card and gift:

 
I had a lot of fun with this.  Because she is a "super" kid, I went with Calling All Heroes, a limited-release stamp set from Stampin' UP!  It's got the cityscape and lots of ways to create a retro-superhero vibe!

Inside:
Now because this great set is no longer available, I won't waste your time describing the details, but if you happen to have it, and want more info, please feel free to contact me.

Off to the packaging:
I once again turned to my fabulous Popcorn Box Thinlits dies!  Using some retired Go Wild Designer Series Paper, I quickly created the box, including the scallop top.  Then it was time to decorate.

I used my Ovals Framelits, and stamped 14! around the edge, then added some stars (Black Glimmer, Silver Foil and Silver Glimmer) cut with the Stars Framelits.  I also snuck in a little Silver Thread.

I took a 2" x 8" Cello bag, added money and some silver confetti strips I had lying around, and tied it all up with a piece of Silver 1/8" Ribbon.  That silver "fluff" thing sticking out the top was from an old pillowbox set; it's on a wooden stake and inserted into the top of the cello bag.  Then, using the Popcorn Thinlits dies with the coordinating Ready to Pop stamp set, I stamped and cut a tag, tying it on with a piece of Whisper White Thick Bakers Twine. 

Izzy's a super creative young lady, so I know she'll appreciate her gift and card.  And she'll enjoy shopping too!  :)


No comments: